Monday, July 1, 2013

And so it begins!


6/21/13 1:45pm DAY OF ARRIVAL 

Well needless to say the 48 hours before I landed did not go as planned. Of course my last day of work was incredibly stressful, but I was lucky enough to have drinks with the ladies after, which was much needed. Thursday before my flight was absolute mayhem. Everything that could be stressful was. From luggage, to my cat, and everything in between, it was a mess.

Saying goodbye to my nephews was all tears. I’ve gotten so attached to those boys its ridiculous. But my mom, sister and best friend caravanned me to the airport, got some Benadryl in Izzy and even walked me through the monstrosity of a security line. More tears.

I don’t think it really hit me until I was actually leaving the house. Holy crap, I’m moving. Not just to California or some, but to the middle of the Caribbean. To a place I have never been before, and only know one person. I quit my job, said goodbye to friends and family and packed up everything.

For what? An adventure.

I keep saying that I would rather regret the things I did than the things I didn’t do. Why not go? So many people would kill to have this opportunity, and the freedom to actually do it. As my mother said “you’d be an idiot not to go.”

So here I am sitting on the floor at baggage claim. My backpack is sitting to my left, and my 2 boxes to my right and poor Izzy in her bag on top. There are no carts to gather my things. There are no restrooms in sight meaning no change of clothes for me, and no potty break for Izzy before the 3 hour drive home. Not that I would have anywhere to put my things when I found a bathroom. And Ronne’s flight won’t be here for another hour. And I only got maybe 2 hours of sleep.

So I’m sitting. Debating if I have made the right move, or if I have just screwed everything up.

Take a chance they said…
It will be fun they said…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a week and a half now since I got down here. We got into the new apartment which is so exciting. The old one had no furniture and only 1 bed and not and no internet. The new place is furnished, colorful, has wifi and appliances, we have our own rooms and it's walking distance from the beach and a bar. 

I've met some pretty awesome people so far. Lucky 13 BBQ is amazing. The owners Ryan and Leah are the people we hang out with most. The food is great. We eat there almost every day. (this is also partially because we've been eating out for every meal because our fridge didn't work until today, but still). 

I'll start working at Casa Islena on Friday just as a Hostess and Busser, but hey its a start! 

As many of you may know, I also recently became a Team Beachbody Coach! I work part time to help people get healthy and fit and its awesome. So if you're interested in joining one of my Challenge Groups, let me know! I'm really putting a lot of energy into this because it is something I really am passionate about! I restarted my Insanity program today because I got so far behind during the move. Everyone down here has bangin bodies, so it's time to get serious!

Other than that, my roommate Mat is headed out of town for a week tomorrow. I'll be all alone! He'll be gone a week or so then be home for two and then gone again for 2 months at work. 

Here are a few shots of the past week in Rincon! (since I uploaded apartment photos on FB, I won't add them here. so follow my FB and IG for more)

This was me "packing"


Such a sad empty closet


Ryan and Leah at Tamboo on Mat's birthday...


...and Mat on his birthday


I took a total of 6 photos on Noche de San Juan. 


These photos do it zero justice. 


So here is a link to a video that has a decent reflection of what happened. But, its not the beach we were at and it doesn't show that at midnight, that entire beach full of drunk people run into the ocean. Yes, I was one of them.


Leah at the waterfall we hiked to.


So I guess that is it for now. Thanks to everyone for encouraging me to start a blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment