Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Aftermath...

I have been back in Seattle for 2 weeks now, and I have been so busy! I'm working almost everyday at Nordstrom again and I couldn't be happier about it. And of course, I am sitting in a Starbucks typing this. Typical, right?

Here is a recap of my last days in Rincon:

I picked my friend Zac up in San Juan and we spent the afternoon drinking out way through Old San Juan, which reminded me a lot of New Orleans.


My favorite beach at Cofresi had 2 feet of sand blown away in the storm. Those rocks don't look quite as appealing as the lounge chairs that typically reside there.


We met Beka (another PNW girl) and took a trip to the waterfall again.


These were half of the steps down to the first falls.


And this was the swimming area at the second falls.


Final Piratas at Cofresi.


And my last day on these lounge chairs after the shore line had built back up a little.


And of course, Charlie packed and ready to get on his first plane to be adopted int he states!


There are of course things I miss from Puerto Rico. The beach of course. I miss working out and then jumping straight into the ocean. If I did that here, I would get hypothermia. I miss the people I got the know. But coming home was the right choice for me. I love the NW. And I love (most of the time) my job. 

The saddest part of leaving was getting home and realizing I have basically zero photos of the people I spent time with in Rincon. That is incredibly sad to me. The beach will always be there, and there are a million other beaches I can go to. But the people are irreplaceable. A big thanks to each and everyone one of you for helping me make memories there.

Now that I am home, I'm buckling down and getting some stuff done that I have put off for way too long. Finishing my Bachelors, paying off old debt, and planning another international adventure are all on the agenda. 

It is pretty surreal to be back honestly. I look at pictures and it feels like a different life. Even though I was very ready to come home, I have a feeling I will look back at this with the same yearning as I do with my photos from Europe. It genuinely hurts my heart to go through those again. I doubt Puerto Rico will be any different.

Since this is a travel blog, I suppose it will be pretty quiet for a while until my next adventure. Thanks to the more than 1,000 people who have read this.

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment